Search This Blog

Tuesday 28 June 2011

An introspective retrospective on horse-racing

Hi! All.

The first post in what is, in all honesty, a therapeutic exercise for me.

I haven't been at all well for the last eighteen months, or so, and for twelve of those months I watched hardly any racing. This, after following the sport closely for half a century.

From the time of my retirement from full time employment I was a regular race-goer and for two years did a regular article for the monthly magazine RACING AHEAD.


Over the years I have been a regular visitor to various racing forums but I'm sorry to say these forums seem to be struggling to survive the challenge provided by sites such as Twitter and Facebook.

So I intend using this blog as an outlet for my thoughts, mainly racing orientated but other subjects might creep in, but definitely no religion or politics.

Recently I have struck up a friendship with an avid time-fiend and try to help him in his efforts to make a profit by watching recordings of races and assessing what sort of run (or trip for those America-orientated) a horse gets.

My thoughts are to post on here when I have noticed something worth remarking on.

As far as I am concerned it will not be a list of horses that should be supported in future races, one could, of course, if one wanted to, but my intention is to bring your attention to something that might not be obvious from reading the form book.

Most people who watch racing on terrestrial will have their own thoughts, so I will tend to concentrate on the lesser meetings, weekdays, evenings, you know the races I mean.

You'll probably find that I make comments about the rides the jockeys give a horse, I'll try not to make them all negative but even the negative comments might help in finding future winners.

I think that's enough for a first post don't want boredom to kick in too soon.

Colin

No comments:

Post a Comment